Mama Coya offers a tranquil, peaceful space nestled between stunning mountains in the Sacred Valley in the village of Huaran (a short 10 minute walk from the main road). Accommodations are a modern cottage located within a gated property, which is the ceremonial space. The guest cottage is built with traditional local material: adobe, wood and stones, which gives a warm natural feeling while providing a modern, cozy, comfortable space:
- Downstairs there is a fully equipped kitchen, dining area and lounge with an adjacent restroom, and additional double sofa bed.
- Upstairs there are 2 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms with privacy glass. One bedroom is equipped with a queen bed and the other has 2 single beds which can be joined into a king bed upon request
- The cottage has a private front and back garden. A fire pit, tables and chairs are located in the front garden.
- Taxi pick up can be arranged for you upon request.
- Please make sure you arrange to arrive at the retreat by 1pm of the first day, so that you have plenty of time to settle in your accommodation.
Downstairs living area and breakfast bar
Fully equipped kitchen
Cosy living area to rest
Comfortable sleeping and en suite bathroom with hot water
Huaran is located in the Sacred Valley of Cusco between Calca and Urubamba.
We are at high altitude 2950m (9600 ft). If you are arriving in Cusco you will be at nearly 3400m (11100 ft).
- You might experience some discomfort from the elevation especially if you are arriving from sea-level locations.
- Before travelling consider if you need 1 or 2 days before the retreat to acclimatize (most people have no problems). Coca leaves tea or chewing coca leaves helps to alleviate the discomfort as well as you can find natural altitude sickness supplements. Stay hydrated, have plenty of rest, breathe deeply and slowly.
- Bring cash as some of the local banks might charge a commission and have limits on how much you can withdraw.
- Mama Coya is an approximately 90 minute taxi ride from Cusco Airport and about 70 minutes from Cusco centre.
- Taxi pick up can be arranged for you upon request. Please make sure you arrange to arrive at the retreat by 1pm of the first day, so that you have plenty of time to settle in your accommodation.